PROGRAMS OFFERED IN 2017
BOYS AND GIRLS T-BALL, SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL PROGRAMS
SIGN-UP FOR SPRING SPORTS WILL BE IN MARCH OR EARLY APRIL, PRACTICES WILL BEGIN IN MAY AND PROGRAMS WILL RUN JUNE AND JULY.
- T-BALL COED: GRADES PK, & KDG, AGE 5 BY SEPTEMBER 1, 2017 NP
- BOYS BASEBALL NP
- MITES: GRADES 1 AND 2
- MINOR LEAGUE: GRADES 3 AND 4
- JUNIOR LEAGUE: GRADES 5, & 6
- WEST SHORE BASEBALL: GRADES 7 AND 8
- (MULTI COUNTY LEAGUES )
- BOYS’ BASEBALL CLINIC JUNE/JULY PAY CLINIC
- GIRLS SOFTBALL PROGRAM NP
- PIXIE LEAGUE GRADES 1 AND 2
- PONY LEAGUE GRADES 3 AND 4
- GIRLS ELEMENTARY SOFTBALL GRADES 5 AND 6
- GIRLS SOFTBALL LEAGUE MULTI-LEAGUE GRADE 7 & 8
- SOFTBALL CLINIC - SPRING, SUMMER
- WOMEN MODIFIED PITCH AND SLOW PITCH PROGRAMS P
- WOMEN MODIFIED PITCH SOFTBALL LEAGUES MAY - AUGUST.
- WOMEN MODIFIED PITCH SOFTBALL TOURNAMENTS JUNE - JULY(MULTI STATE TEAMS)
- SLOW PITCH COED LEAGUE AUGUST - SEPTEMBER
- SLOW PITCH TOURNAMENTS SUMMER DATES AND OCTOBER END OF THE SEASON TOURNAMENT (MULTI TEAMS)
BOYS ELEMENTARY BASKETBALLNP
Registration is November 13, 2017 online and in person registration is Nov. 21, 6-7pm at 400 South Harrison City building.
- Boy's basketball leagues/clinic for grades 2nd & 3rd
- Boy's basketball leagues/clinic for grades 4th, 5th, & 6th (MULTI COUNTY LEAGUES)
GIRLS BASKETBALL GRADES 3rd, 4th, 5th, & 6thSign up is held in September with practice and games starting in October ending in December.
- END OF SEASON TOURNAMENT.
- MULTI SCHOOL DST. LEAGUES FOR 5TH AND 6TH GRADES
- 2ND GRADE CLINIC - IF HOSTED BY REC.
- SUMMER CLINICS - IF HOSTED BY REC.
SIGN UP JUNE
- CLINIC/TOURNAMENT – INSTRUCTION JULY
- ONE WEEK CAMP. PROGRAM STARTS 1st or 2nd WEEK OF JULY.
TENNIS LEAGUE GRADE 6th, 7th, & 8thSIGN UP MARCH
- TRAVELING, MULTI SCHOOL. APRIL/MAY, SEASON ENDS WITH LUDINGTON TOURNAMENT
VOLLEYBALL - GRADE 4th - 6thWINTER/SPRING SIGN-UP THREE WEEKS BEFORE PROGRAM BEGINS.
- SATURDAY PROGRAMS SIX WEEKS WITH COMPETITIVE MEETS MULTI SCHOOL FOR 5TH AND 6TH GRADE AFTER CLINIC.
WRESTLING GRADES PK - 12NP
SIGN UP FEBRUARY
- BI-WEEKLY SEVEN WEEKS OR LONGER
- WRESTLING CLINIC WITH COMPETITION
CHEER CLINIC GRADE PK – 6TH GRADEP
SIGN UP 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO THE CLINIC
- SATURDAY IN FEBRUARY & SEPTEMBER ONE DAY CLINIC PARTICIPANTS WILL CHEER AT A BOYS VARSITY BASKETBALL GAME IN FEBRUARY AND A BOYS VARSITY FOOTBALL GAME IN THE FALL
JIU JITSU/ SELF DEFENSE CLASSES: SPRING AND FALLNP AGES 8 - 14. SIGN UP WILL BE TWO WEEKS BEFORE SESSIONS BEGIN.
- VARIOUS CLASSES WILL BE OFFERED AND THE CLASSES WILL BE BI-WEEKLY.
A community recreational needs assessment will be distributed in 2018 for ideas for new programs. Community input will be greatly appreciated.
Recreation Director: D'Ann Rohrer
Office Hours: 7:00 am - 12:00 noon Monday, by appointment Tuesday or Wednesday evening, and 11-1 Thursday.
Phone number for Rec office: 231.845.6237
Facebook page: Ludington Recreational Programs
Donald C. Baldwin Community Pool
- Summer and winter Rec Swim teams
- Traveling & Hosting meets
- Grades K-12
- Summer registration May and Winter registration October
- Morning Lap Swim
- Open swim and family swim
- Mom, Pop, & Tot's Swim lessons November, February, and June
- Youth Swim Lessons February and Summer (June & July)
- Adult swim lesson on request
- Water Aerobics February/March and September/October
- Special Olympics Swim Spring
- Special Interest Groups upon request
- Birthday Parties available at the pool upon request
- Lifeguarding certification
- OJ Middle School Physical Education Classes
DONALD C. BALDWIN COMMUNITY POOL SCHEDULE AND FEES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Lap Swim Monday through Friday 6:00 am - 7:30 am
Open Swim Saturday and Sunday 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Adults $3.00 - 2018 $4
Children 0 to 17 $2.00 - 2018 $3
Individual pool pass 6 months - $50.00 - 2018 $60
Family pool pass 6 months - $90.00 - 2018 $100
Individual pool pass one year - $90.00 - 2018 $100
Family pool pass one year - $120.00 - 2018 $150
NON PAY AND PAY PROGRAMS
NON PAY PROGRAMS
PROGRAMS THAT APPLY TO THE PARTICIPANTS THAT RESIDE IN THE CITY OF LUDINGTON, HAMLIN TOWNSHIP, PERE MARQUETTE TOWNSHIP, AND SUMMIT TOWNSHIP. PARTICIPANTS ARE CHARGED A FEE OF $8.00 FOR A T-SHIRT.
PARTICIPANTS THAT RESIDE IN OTHER TOWNSHIPS OR OUTSIDE OF THE DISTRICT ARE CHARGED A FEE OF $35.00 TO PARTICIPATE IN EACH NON PAY PROGRAM AND A FEE OF $8.00 FOR A T-SHIRT.
PAY PROGRAMSPAY PROGRAMS ARE PROGRAMS WHICH CHARGE A FEE DEPENDING ON THE TYPE OF PROGRAM AND THE SPECIFIC COSTS INCURRED.
IF YOU DO NOT RESIDE IN THE CITY OF LUDINGTON, HAMLIN, SUMMIT, OR PERE MARQUETTE TOWNSHIPS, THERE IS AN ADDITIONAL FEE OF $35.00. THE REASON FOR THIS ADDITIONAL FEE IS DUE TO THE FACT THAT THE OTHER GOVERNMENTAL ENTITIES NOT LISTED ABOVE HAVE CHOSEN NOT TO CONTRIBUTE FINANCIALLY TO THE LUDINGTON RECREATION PROGRAMS.