As we navigate these uncertain times, we will attempt to keep Residents up to date on migitation measures and pertinent information related to COVID-19.
CURRENT CITY OPERATING MEASURES BEING TAKEN:
At the recommendation of the District #10 Health Department, Governor Whitmer’s Emergency Declaration and local public safety officials, the City of Ludington is limiting certain operations to mitigate risks of the COVID-19 virus. The following operational changes will it be in effect until April 6th, 2020, when at that time we will reassess any potential changes.
1. All City Residents are discouraged from conducting business within the Municipal Office Complex that can otherwise be conducted via U.S. Mail, phone call, or online at www.ludington.mi.us. City night drop-box will be processed continually. Elderly and at-risk populations should avoid the Municipal Office Complex.
2. Police and Fire Operations are coordinating response plans for potential COVID 19 contact with emergency response agencies and healthcare agencies from across the County.
3. The bathrooms located on North James Street within the Plaza shall be closed immediately.
4. All events scheduled to utilize any municipally owned/operated facilities shall be cancelled immediately.
5. City Administration will be taking measures to work with employees whom may become exposed to COVID-19 or who will now be required to take care of their children. All City personnel will err on the side of caution.
6. The Ludington Senior Center is closed. Tax preparation is suspende duntil further notice.
These Mitigation Measures have been reviewed and endorsed by the District #10 Health Department. For any further questions regarding City operational changes please contact the office of City Manager Mitchell Foster at (231) 845-6237. Any healthcare related questions should be directed to the District #10 Health Department at (231) 845-7381.
THINGS YOU CAN DO TO HELP CONTROL THE SPREAD OF COVID -19:
1.) Support your local businesses, find out how at: DowntownLudington.org
2.) Pay your tax or utility bills online: Pay My Bill or utilize the drop box near the main entrance of City Hall.
3.) If you need information about Food Resources for kids , please go to: Food Notice By LASD
FOR INFORMATION ON THE STATE OF MICHIGAN AND THE UPDATES ON COVID-19 PLEASE GO TO:
KEEP UP TO DATE ON COVID-19
District #10 Health Department
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Map of US states with confirmed cases of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- How to Protect yourself and others
- What to do if you are sick with Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)?